How To Create English Captions
The English language is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world. In fact, it is estimated that over one billion people speak English as either a first or second language. In addition, it is the most popular language on the internet, with over half of the world’s websites being published in English. With so many people around the world speaking English, it is important to know how to create English captions for audio and video content.
What Are Captions?
Captions are text that is displayed on-screen during a video or audio recording. They provide a written interpretation of the spoken words and other audio elements such as background music. Captions are generally used to help viewers better understand the content and make it easier for people with hearing impairments to access the material. Captions are different from subtitles, which are typically used to provide translations of the audio.
Benefits of Creating English Captions
Creating English captions for audio and video content has numerous benefits. For one, it makes the content more accessible to viewers with hearing impairments, who can now access the audio without having to rely on a transcript of the material. Additionally, captions can be used to improve comprehension by providing viewers with a written reinforcement of the audio and video elements. Furthermore, captions are also SEO-friendly and can help boost the visibility of your content on search engines.
How To Create English Captions
Creating English captions for audio and video content can be a time consuming and tedious process. Thankfully, there are various tools available that can make the process much simpler. Speak AI is one such tool that can help you quickly and easily create accurate English captions. It is a speech recognition and natural language platform that has been used by over 50,000 users. With its powerful algorithms, it can accurately transcribe audio within seconds and create captions for videos in a variety of languages, including English.
English captions are a great way to make audio and video content more accessible and improve its overall visibility on search engines. With the help of tools like Speak AI, you can quickly and easily create accurate English captions for your content. Speak AI is a powerful speech recognition and natural language platform that can help you create captions for videos in over 50 languages, including English. With its simple and intuitive interface, it is the perfect tool for marketers, researchers, and businesses looking to create captions for their audio and video content.
Step 1: Create a Speak Account
To start your English captioning, you first need to create a Speak account. No worries, this is super easy to do!
Our team is happy to give you a 14-day trial with 30 minutes of free English audio and video captioning included.
To sign up for Speak and start your English captioning, visit the Speak app register page here.
Step 2: Upload your English file(s) for Captioning
We typically recommend MP4s for video or MP3s for audio.
However, we accept a range of audio and video file types. Once you upload your file all you have to do is select “English” from the language dropdown menu to automatically caption in English.
You can upload your English file for captioning in several ways using Speak:
Accepted English Audio File Types
- English MP3
- English M4A
- English WAV
- English OGG
- English WEBM
- English M4P
Accepted English Video File Types
- English MP4
- English M4V
- English WMV
- English AVI
- English MOV
- English FLV
Publicly Available English URLs
You can also upload media to Speak through a publicly available URL.
As long as the file type extension is available at the end of the URL you will have no problem importing your recording for automatic English captioning and analysis.
English YouTube URLs
Speak is compatible with YouTube videos. All you have to do is copy the URL of the YouTube video (for example, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKfcLcHeivc).
Speak will automatically find the file, calculate the length, and import the video.
Please make sure you use the full link and not the shortened YouTube snippet. Additionally, make sure you remove the channel name from the URL.
This library of integrations continues to grow! Have a request? Feel encouraged to send us a message.
Step 3: Calculate and pay the total automatically
Once you have your English audio or video file ready and load it into Speak, it will automatically calculate the total cost (you get 30 minutes free in the trial – take advantage of it!).
You can pay by subscribing to a personalized plan using our real-time calculator with included minutes.
Step 4: Wait for Speak to caption your English audio or English video
Our automated captioning software will prepare your English captions in as little as a few minutes. Generally, Speak takes about half the audio or video length to produce the captions and insights.
Once completed, you will get an email notification that your English captions is complete. That email will contain a link back to the file so you can access the interactive media player with the English captions, analysis, and export formats ready for you.
Step 5: View and edit your automated English captions
Want to tackle the captions edits yourself? All good! Once you receive your automated captions you have the option to edit your captions at any time.
Easily update speaker names, find and replace, and get your automatic English captions up to full accuracy with our intuitive captions editing system.
Step 6: Export your English captions and share interactive media players
With Speak, you can easily export English captions to many formats.
Below is a list of options for exporting your English captions in Speak:
- Export English captions to SRTs
- Export English captions to VTTs
A more effective way of sharing captions is through a shareable media library that includes the media file, AI insights and interactive captions.
There is so much more that you can do with Speak to enrich the value of your media and captions.
Never hesitate to send us a message on live chat – we are always here to help!
We talked about English captioning here, but you may be interested in how to caption in other languages instantly and easily with Speak’s intuitive captioning and natural language processing software.
We’ve shared resources below on all the languages Speak can help you caption!
Join 50,000+ users finding radical efficiencies with their audio, video and text data to drive value.
How Much Does It Cost To Caption English?
Speak offers highly competitive pricing for English captioning compared to other captioning solutions. For a starting user, Speak offers automated English captioning for only $0.06 USD per minute. That is only $3.6 USD per hour!
We also scale our pricing based on media volume and can offer even bigger discounts to large customers.
So, if you have over 100 hours of English captioning per month please contact us through live chat and we will set you up with a customized price per minute to make English captioning even more affordable!
What Can You Caption In English?
- Caption English interviews
- Caption English videos
- Caption English audio
- Caption English earnings calls
- Caption English focus groups
- Caption English meetings
- Caption English phone calls
- Caption English YouTube videos
- Caption English Vimeo videos
- Caption English Zoom recordings
- Caption English Google Meet recordings
- Caption Microsoft Teams recordings
- Caption English podcasts
And so much more!
What Other Languages Can Speak Caption?
Speak already has users from over 90 countries and we continuously get requests to caption and analyze in different languages.
So, we continuously add more languages to Speak! Here are just some of the growing list of languages that Speak offers:
- How To Create Afrikaans Captions
- How To Create Arabic (Egypt) Captions
- How To Create Arabic (Iraq) Captions
- How To Create Arabic (Israel) Captions
- How To Create Arabic (Jordan) Captions
- How To Create Arabic (Kuwait) Captions
- How To Create Arabic (Lebanon) Captions
- How To Create Arabic (Oman) Captions
- How To Create Arabic (Palestinian Authority) Captions
- How To Create Arabic (Qatar) Captions
- How To Create Arabic (Saudi Arabia) Captions
- How To Create Arabic (Syrian Arab Republic) Captions
- How To Create Arabic (United Arab Emirates) Captions
- How To Create Arabic Modern Standard (Bahrain) Captions
- How To Create Armenian Captions
- How To Create Bulgarian Captions
- How To Create Catalan Captions
- How To Create Chinese (Cantonese, Traditional) Captions
- How To Create Chinese (Simplified) Captions
- How To Create Chinese (Traditional) Captions
- How To Create Croatian Captions
- How To Create Czech Captions
- How To Create Danish Captions
- How To Create Dutch Captions
- How To Create English Captions
- How To Create English (Australia) Captions
- How To Create English (Indian) Captions
- How To Create English (Irish) Captions
- How To Create English (New Zealand) Captions
- How To Create English (Scottish) Captions
- How To Create English (South African) Captions
- How To Create English (United Kingdom) Captions
- How To Create English (United States) Captions
- How To Create Estonian Captions
- How To Create Farsi Captions
- How To Create Finnish Captions
- How To Create French Captions
- How To Create French (Canada) Captions
- How To Create German Captions
- How To Create German (Swiss) Captions
- How To Create Greek Captions
- How To Create Gujarati Captions
- How To Create Hebrew Captions
- How To Create Hindi Captions
- How To Create Hungarian Captions
- How To Create Icelandic Captions
- How To Create Indonesian Captions
- How To Create Irish Captions
- How To Create Italian Captions
- How To Create Japanese Captions
- How To Create Kannada Captions
- How To Create Korean Captions
- How To Create Latvian Captions
- How To Create Lithuanian Captions
- How To Create Malay Captions
- How To Create Malayalam Captions
- How To Create Norwegian Captions
- How To Create Persian Captions
- How To Create Polish Captions
- How To Create Portuguese Captions
- How To Create Portuguese (Brazilian) Captions
- How To Create Portuguese (Portugal) Captions
- How To Create Romanian Captions
- How To Create Russian Captions
- How To Create Slovak Captions
- How To Create Slovenian Captions
- How To Create Spanish Captions
- How To Create Spanish (Mexico) Captions
- How To Create Swedish Captions
- How To Create Tamil Captions
- How To Create Telugu Captions
- How To Create Thai Captions
- How To Create Turkish Captions
- How To Create Ukrainian Captions
- How To Create Vietnamese Captions
There are now many more added!
You can see the entire list of languages Speak supports through both the software and APIs.