How To Create Greek Subtitles
The Greek language is known to be one of the oldest languages in the world. It is still spoken by millions of people around the world and has a rich history and culture. Greek is the official language of Greece, Cyprus, and the European Union. It is also spoken in countries such as Albania, Bulgaria, Turkey, the Republic of Macedonia, and Serbia.
Interesting Stats About the Greek Language
According to Ethnologue, there are approximately 13 million native speakers of Greek, and another 3 million people who speak it as a second language. In addition, Greek is also taught in schools all over the world, with approximately 18 million students learning the language.
The Benefits of Transcription and Creating Subtitles in Greek
Adding subtitles and transcripts to videos and audio recordings can be very beneficial for researchers, marketers, and businesses. Subtitles make it easier for viewers to understand the content, and transcripts allow them to quickly search for key points. For those who create videos and audio recordings in the Greek language, adding subtitles and transcripts can help to make the content more accessible and engaging.
What Are Subtitles?
Subtitles are text files that are added to video or audio recordings in order to provide an English translation of the dialogue. They can also be used to provide translations into other languages, such as Greek. Subtitles typically appear at the bottom of the screen and are synchronized with the audio.
What Are Captions?
Captions are similar to subtitles, but they are slightly different. Captions provide a transcription of the spoken dialogue, as well as descriptions of any sounds that are heard in the recording. They are usually used for videos and audio recordings that are aimed at viewers who are deaf or hard of hearing.
How To Create Greek Subtitles
Creating Greek subtitles is relatively straightforward. The first step is to transcribe the audio or video recording. This can be done manually or with the help of a transcription service. Once the transcription is complete, you can use a subtitling software to create the subtitles. There are a number of software programs available, such as Speak AI, which can help you to quickly and accurately create subtitles in Greek.
Speak AI is a speech recognition and natural language platform that has over 70,000 users. It is designed to help researchers, marketers, and businesses to quickly and accurately transcribe audio and video recordings in multiple languages, including Greek. Speak AI can also be used to create subtitles in multiple languages, including Greek.
Creating subtitles in the Greek language can be a great way to make audio and video recordings more accessible and engaging. Transcribing recordings and creating subtitles can also help to improve the searchability of the content, making it easier to find key points. With the help of software such as Speak AI, creating subtitles in Greek is easy and efficient.
Step 1: Create a Speak Account
To start your Greek subtitling, you first need to create a Speak account. No worries, this is super easy to do!
Our team is happy to give you a 7-day trial with 30 minutes of free Greek audio and video subtitling included.
To sign up for Speak and start your Greek subtitling, visit the Speak app register page here.
Step 2: Upload your Greek file(s) for subtitling
We typically recommend MP4s for video or MP3s for audio.
However, we accept a range of audio and video file types. Once you upload your file all you have to do is select “Greek” from the language dropdown menu to automatically subtitle in Greek.
You can upload your Greek file for subtitling in several ways using Speak:
Accepted Greek Audio File Types
- Greek MP3
- Greek M4A
- Greek WAV
- Greek OGG
- Greek WEBM
- Greek M4P
Accepted Greek Video File Types
- Greek MP4
- Greek M4V
- Greek WMV
- Greek AVI
- Greek MOV
- Greek FLV
Publicly Available Greek URLs
You can also upload media to Speak through a publicly available URL.
As long as the file type extension is available at the end of the URL you will have no problem importing your recording for automatic Greek subtitling and analysis.
Greek YouTube URLs
Speak is compatible with YouTube videos. All you have to do is copy the URL of the YouTube video (for example, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKfcLcHeivc).
Speak will automatically find the file, calculate the length, and import the video.
Please make sure you use the full link and not the shortened YouTube snippet. Additionally, make sure you remove the channel name from the URL.
This library of integrations continues to grow! Have a request? Feel encouraged to send us a message.
Step 3: Calculate and pay the total automatically
Once you have your Greek audio or video file ready and load it into Speak, it will automatically calculate the total cost (you get 30 minutes free in the trial – take advantage of it!).
You can pay by subscribing to a personalized plan using our real-time calculator with included minutes.
Step 4: Wait for Speak to subtitle your Greek audio or Greek video
Our automated subtitling software will prepare your Greek subtitles in as little as a few minutes. Generally, Speak takes about half the audio or video length to produce the subtitles and insights.
Once completed, you will get an email notification that your Greek subtitles is complete. That email will contain a link back to the file so you can access the interactive media player with the Greek subtitles, analysis, and export formats ready for you.
Step 5: View and edit your automated Greek subtitles
Want to tackle the subtitles edits yourself? All good! Once you receive your automated subtitles you have the option to edit your subtitles at any time.
Easily update speaker names, find and replace, and get your automatic Greek subtitles up to full accuracy with our intuitive subtitles editing system.
Step 6: Export your Greek subtitles and share interactive media players
With Speak, you can easily export Greek subtitles to many formats.
Below is a list of options for exporting your Greek subtitles in Speak:
- Export Greek subtitles to SRTs
- Export Greek subtitles to VTTs
A more effective way of sharing subtitles is through a shareable media library that includes the media file, AI insights and interactive subtitles.
There is so much more that you can do with Speak to enrich the value of your media and subtitles.
Never hesitate to send us a message on live chat – we are always here to help!
We talked about Greek subtitling here, but you may be interested in how to subtitle in other languages instantly and easily with Speak’s intuitive subtitling and natural language processing software.
We’ve shared resources below on all the languages Speak can help you subtitle!
Join 50,000+ users finding radical efficiencies with their audio, video and text data to drive value.
How Much Does It Cost To Subtitle Greek?
Speak offers highly competitive pricing for Greek subtitling compared to other subtitling solutions. For a starting user, Speak offers automated Greek subtitling for only $0.06 USD per minute. That is only $3.6 USD per hour!
We also scale our pricing based on media volume and can offer even bigger discounts to large customers.
So, if you have over 100 hours of Greek subtitling per month please contact us through live chat and we will set you up with a customized price per minute to make Greek subtitling even more affordable!
What Can You Subtitle In Greek?
- Subtitle Greek interviews
- Subtitle Greek videos
- Subtitle Greek audio
- Subtitle Greek earnings calls
- Subtitle Greek focus groups
- Subtitle Greek meetings
- Subtitle Greek phone calls
- Subtitle Greek YouTube videos
- Subtitle Greek Vimeo videos
- Subtitle Greek Zoom recordings
- Subtitle Greek Google Meet recordings
- Subtitle Microsoft Teams recordings
- Subtitle Greek podcasts
And so much more!
What Other Languages Can Speak Subtitle?
Speak already has users from over 90 countries and we continuously get requests to subtitle and analyze in different languages.
So, we continuously add more languages to Speak! Here are just some of the growing list of languages that Speak offers:
- How To Create Afrikaans Subtitles
- How To Create Arabic (Egypt) Subtitles
- How To Create Arabic (Iraq) Subtitles
- How To Create Arabic (Israel) Subtitles
- How To Create Arabic (Jordan) Subtitles
- How To Create Arabic (Kuwait) Subtitles
- How To Create Arabic (Lebanon) Subtitles
- How To Create Arabic (Oman) Subtitles
- How To Create Arabic (Palestinian Authority) Subtitles
- How To Create Arabic (Qatar) Subtitles
- How To Create Arabic (Saudi Arabia) Subtitles
- How To Create Arabic (Syrian Arab Republic) Subtitles
- How To Create Arabic (United Arab Emirates) Subtitles
- How To Create Arabic Modern Standard (Bahrain) Subtitles
- How To Create Armenian Subtitles
- How To Create Bulgarian Subtitles
- How To Create Catalan Subtitles
- How To Create Chinese (Cantonese, Traditional) Subtitles
- How To Create Chinese (Simplified) Subtitles
- How To Create Chinese (Traditional) Subtitles
- How To Create Croatian Subtitles
- How To Create Czech Subtitles
- How To Create Danish Subtitles
- How To Create Dutch Subtitles
- How To Create English Subtitles
- How To Create English (Australia) Subtitles
- How To Create English (Indian) Subtitles
- How To Create English (Irish) Subtitles
- How To Create English (New Zealand) Subtitles
- How To Create English (Scottish) Subtitles
- How To Create English (South African) Subtitles
- How To Create English (United Kingdom) Subtitles
- How To Create English (United States) Subtitles
- How To Create Estonian Subtitles
- How To Create Farsi Subtitles
- How To Create Finnish Subtitles
- How To Create French Subtitles
- How To Create French (Canada) Subtitles
- How To Create German Subtitles
- How To Create German (Swiss) Subtitles
- How To Create Greek Subtitles
- How To Create Gujarati Subtitles
- How To Create Hebrew Subtitles
- How To Create Hindi Subtitles
- How To Create Hungarian Subtitles
- How To Create Icelandic Subtitles
- How To Create Indonesian Subtitles
- How To Create Irish Subtitles
- How To Create Italian Subtitles
- How To Create Japanese Subtitles
- How To Create Kannada Subtitles
- How To Create Korean Subtitles
- How To Create Latvian Subtitles
- How To Create Lithuanian Subtitles
- How To Create Malay Subtitles
- How To Create Malayalam Subtitles
- How To Create Norwegian Subtitles
- How To Create Persian Subtitles
- How To Create Polish Subtitles
- How To Create Portuguese Subtitles
- How To Create Portuguese (Brazilian) Subtitles
- How To Create Portuguese (Portugal) Subtitles
- How To Create Romanian Subtitles
- How To Create Russian Subtitles
- How To Create Slovak Subtitles
- How To Create Slovenian Subtitles
- How To Create Spanish Subtitles
- How To Create Spanish (Mexico) Subtitles
- How To Create Swedish Subtitles
- How To Create Tamil Subtitles
- How To Create Telugu Subtitles
- How To Create Thai Subtitles
- How To Create Turkish Subtitles
- How To Create Ukrainian Subtitles
- How To Create Vietnamese Subtitles
There are now many more added!
You can see the entire list of languages Speak supports through both the software and APIs.