Nowadays, many people like to record a phone call for different purposes, the most common being proof of communication, or sometimes people record phone calls for fun. Whatever the reason may be, people nowadays often need an app that they can use to record phone calls directly from their smartphones.
Recording phone calls is a great way to preserve important conversations and keep them from being lost in the chaos of modern communication. The problem is that finding a reliable and user-friendly app for recording phone calls on your smartphone is difficult, especially if you’re looking for a free option.
The 7 Best Apps To Record Phone Calls
Fortunately, we’ve done the hard work by researching the various call-recording smartphone apps. We will compare their features, pros and cons, and customer reviews. In this article, we’ll share our findings so that you can make an informed choice if you’re looking for an app to record a phone call.
Simply said, a call recording app is a smartphone software that stores both outgoing and incoming call audio for later playback.
Several powerful and user-friendly call recorder apps are available for Android and iOS devices, which greatly simplifies the recording procedure.
Here is a curated selection of the best call-recording smartphone apps, with descriptions of their most appealing qualities and links to their respective applications.
1. Cube ACR
Cube ACR is a very popular phone call-recording app for Android. The interface is simple and easy to use, and it has many useful features for call recording, like automatic recording, call filtering, call scheduling and more.
The app makes it simple to find and share recordings by allowing you to search for them by your contacts’ names. With the built-in auto-delete feature, you never have to worry about your phone’s storage space being used up by unnecessary recordings. There are also options for automatically recording when the app is launched or when you answer an incoming call. You can also export your recordings as MP3 files and share them through email or messaging apps.
- High-quality audio recordings
- Friendly, intuitive, and simple user interface
- Options for integrating social media
- You must upgrade to the paid version if you turn off automatic recording and want to record a call manually.
2. Blackbox Call Recorder
Blackbox Call Recorder is a dependable recording software that is designed for pros. You’ll have to pay a little each month, but it consolidates many powerful features into one spot.
Blackbox, for instance, may be secured with a password or PIN to stop illegal use. Recordings may be sorted according to date, time, or duration, and you can create your file directory to keep things tidy. As an added convenience, the app includes a call recording widget that can manually begin and end call recording.
- Trustworthy data-recording program
- Customizable file organization
- Access Control with Password or PIN
- Charges a regular subscription fee
- Unable to record VoIP calls
mSpy is a powerful app that records phone calls and audio from your phone. It also allows you to track all the websites visited on your phone, which is good for keeping track of your child’s phone. You can also set up the app to send alerts if it detects suspicious activities.
- Easy installation process
- Allows users to monitor their children’s activities
- User-friendly interface that makes it easy to use even by people who are not tech-savvy.
- Offers various features such as call logs, call history and call statistics
- One strategy for a single gadget
- Not updated in real-time
4. Tape A Call Pro
This software for the iPhone can record both ongoing calls and upcoming calls. Once finished, the recordings appear instantaneously and can be downloaded or shared. Although TapeACall Pro is available for free to download from the Apple Store, there is an annual fee for the service. After the first 7-day trial period, you can sign up for regular monthly payments.
- Save both incoming and outgoing phone calls
- Effortlessly organize your data
- Mail or message each other files to share
- Put your data in a cloud storage service like Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
- Need a subscription to access full features
5. Automatic Call Recorder–CallX
You can record calls in the usual ways using Automatic Call Recorder, a basic android app. However, the tool also includes a remarkably useful caller ID that displays the name and number of the person calling you.
The call is recorded in both MP3 and WAV format, and you can manually or automatically record your voice. To ensure you have a copy of all your data, you can also save your call logs to cloud storage services like Google Drive and Dropbox.
- Easy-to-use app with modern UI
- Excellent quality voice recording
- Caller ID feature
- Some users state that they experience glitches while recording the voice call.
6. Rev Call Recorder
Apple’s Rev Call Recorder is another top-tier call recorder that lets you record as many calls and voiceovers as you’d want without any restrictions. Simply tapping the record button, you can easily keep a log of all incoming and outgoing
The app’s recording quality is undoubtedly outstanding.
Professionals such as content makers, journalists, podcasters, and novelists will find the function of transcribing the audio worth the cost of the product. The program does more than transcribe; it lets you edit your audio to cut out anything you don’t want to keep.
- Simple, one-touch call recording
- Transcription services for audio recording
- Mixing and mastering audio
- Reliable and high-quality recording
- Transcriptions from speech-to-text cost subscription charges
- There are a few additional features
7. Automatic Call Recorder By RSA
Automatic Call Recorder by RSA is the best app to record phone calls. It’s simple and easy to use and has excellent recording quality. It also has a feature that lets you synchronize with the cloud.
It’s free but has a paid version with extra features. Here are the pros and cons of this app:
- High-quality recordings
- Easy-to-use interface
- Cloud-based automated call recording
- Play back previously recorded phone calls
- Manually save the recordings
- Users report glitches in automatic downloading
Take A Way
The best apps to record a phone call is a great way to ensure that you always have a record of important business calls or proof of what was said in an important conversation. These apps are easy to use and can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play.
If you want to record and analyze unstructured language data and gain useful insights, join the 7,000+ people and organizations already using Speak Ai. Speak Ai lets you transcribe and analyze audio into simple language and data. To streamline processes, open up new revenue opportunities, and transcribe audio calls, sign up for a trial of Speak Ai or schedule a demo now.