Manually transcribing video and audio content can be time-consuming and cumbersome. But thanks to AI, we now have the best transcription software ready to help you convert your audio into text. By using this speech-to-text software, you can easily save up on time and boost your productivity.
Today, the market is full of transcription applications from every corner. And that makes it hard to settle on a specific speech recognition software. Thankfully, this article is in your best interest. We’ll take a look at the top 7 best transcription software in the market. Additionally, we’ll list the best one of them all. That said, let’s get started, shall we?
Top 7 Best Transcription Software in 2022/2023: Beginner and Pro-friendly
In this section, we’ll start with the best and later explore other alternative transcription software in the market.
1. Speak Ai: The Best Transcription Software Overall
Speak Ai takes the overall win, especially if you need a transcription Ai that offers an all-in-one solution. Additionally, Speak Ai features a deep-learning algorithm that analyses your content. That ensures you get the best version.
More importantly, using this Ai software makes it easy to share assets to help you in your content strategy. As you continue reading, you’ll realize that this software stands out from its competitors with impeccable quality transcription content. Equally important, it has industry-leading features to smoothen your transcription experience.
- This Ai offers quality texts that are ready within minutes.
- Also, Speak Ai allows users to build their API products on the platform.
- Speak Ai easily integrates with other services such as Zapier, Dropbox, Google, WordPress, YouTube, and more.
- You only get access to a 14-day trial that’s free with 30 minutes of transcription with all features included.
2. Descript: The Best Transcription Software for Beginners
If you are looking for a simplistic, beginner-friendly interface, then Descript is the ideal choice for you. What’s more, the tool features a screen recorder, transcriber, and editor, all bundled in one package. That’s why Descript ranks among the best transcription software in 2022. This speech-to-text software ensures you have a fun experience while editing your documents.
- Descript offers a free version.
- This software has a high level of data security.
- Descript offers priority customer support.
- Transcription in other languages other than English isn’t that good.
- This software doesn’t come with a mobile application.
Read our Descript Vs. Speak Ai Comparison
3. Fireflies.ai: Best Transcription Software for Multitasking
Fireflies.ai is an excellent online transcription and meeting recording software. This Ai is capable of recording meetings on different conference platforms. In addition, Fireflies.ai ranks among the best transcription software. That’s because it can record live conference meetings and upload files from individual organizations.
Once you’ve purchased this natural language processing software, you can skim through different transcripts. All these can be done while the live audio is playing.
- Fireflies software is easy to use.
- The Ai offers a free service.
- The transcription software is ideal for multitasking.
- There are several challenges with transcription, especially regarding reliability and downgrading the package.
Read our Fireflies.ai vs. Speak Ai Comparison
4. Open Ai-Whisper: The Best Transcription Software for Developers
Whisper is a general-purpose automatic speech recognition software ideal for developers. According to OpenAI, the software was trained on 680,000 hours of multilingual and multitasking web data. That significantly contributes to the software’s ability to recognize distinctive accents, background noise, and technical jargon.
- It has solid multilingual speech recognition
- In addition, it has high accuracy in English speech recognition
- Trained on a large dataset of diverse audio
- Multitask model- can perform speech identification and translation
- You can’t use Open Ai Whisper for out-of-the-box real-time transcription
- Inaccurate text prediction
- The software has a high error rate in non-English languages
5. Otter Ai: The Best Transcription Software for Real-Time Transcription
Otter Ai is a popular automatic transcription software that leverages artificial intelligence to provide real-time text-to-speech audio transcription. You can integrate the software with various virtual communications apps. For instance, Webex, Zoom, Cisco, Google Meet, and Microsoft Teams. That makes it possible to record and transcribe the audio in real-time.
On top of that, Otter Ai adds speaker ID, notes, key phrases, and images to the audio recordings. So, you won’t need third-party software to search specific keywords, skip silences and adjust the playback speed.
- Real-time transcription
- Also, it has excellent collaborative features
- Accessible on the go via Android and iOS apps
- Additionally, you can train the software to recognize voices and learn a context-based language
- Free 600 minutes of transcription after signing up
- Poor accuracy on complex audio
- Real-time transcription has poor natural language processing
6. Happy Scribe: The Best Transcription Software for Long Audio Files
Do you have some lengthy video and audio files that require transcribing? Look no further! Happy Scribe provides transcription and subtitles for files of all sizes. Not to mention, the software supports over 60 languages you can convert from audio to text.
After receiving your transcript, you can further use their interactive text editor to replace and correct words. In addition, this top-of-the-line transcription software has multiple speaker identification. As a result, it gives you a seamless collaboration workflow with its efficient collaborative features.
- It has a timestamp feature
- Massive language selection
- Also comes with automatic punctuation
- Easy integration with YouTube and Zapier
- No restriction on uploading file size
- No real-time transcription
- Expensive compared to other transcription software.
Read our Happy Scribe Vs. Speak Ai Comparison
7. Deepgram: The Best Transcription Software for Cloud
Deepgram is best known for its cloud-based transcribing solutions. That allows companies to easily add transcriptions to their existing communications platforms. Additionally, the software enables employees to automatically transcribe audio files into text despite prior manual training.
On top of that, with Deepgrams’s real-time transcriptions, call centers can easily connect with customers, resolving their issues faster. It also allows developers to convert messy and unstructured audio data into accurate transcriptions easily.
- It works across multiple languages.
- Also, Deepgram provides real-time transcription.
- In addition, it’s easy to customize.
- Deepgram has the highest out-of-the-box accuracy.
- It has fewer supported languages compared to other automatic transcription software
In Summary: Best Transcription Software For Your Business
As we’ve all seen from this article, Speak Ai stands out from the other transcription software, and with good reason. Undoubtedly, the quality of its texts is unmatched. So what are you waiting for? Join 7000+ individuals and teams who are relying on Speak Ai to capture and analyze unstructured language data for valuable insights. Start your trial or book a demo to stream your workflows, unlock new revenue streams and keep doing what you love.